Re: [NTLK] Cleaning the screen with isopropyl alcohol is bad?

From: Bryce (petridish_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 16:23:24 PST

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:17:42 -0300, Andy Galluzzi <agalluzzi_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> is this kind of clean really the
> best for the Newton, as Apple suggest in MessagePad 2000 User's Manual,
> or is it better to clean with some humid cleaner, as most of us clean
> it's glasses?

If there is an anti-glare film (which it sounds like there is), then I
wouldn't think so. The use of isopropyl alcohol is recommended against
by monitor manufacturers as many monitors have anti-glare films on
them which the alcohol can destroy. You're probably best off with
water and a chamois and if you really have to get more tough, water w/
some non-abrasive detergent and a chamois.

But we still need somone to help you get your Newton working! Best of luck!

-Bryce