Re: [NTLK] Simple (I Hope) Question

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 22:49:48 PST

On Oct 31, 2004, at 10:06 PM, matt wrote:

> Is there any way (other than through IRDA or Print Pack 2 and the
> adaptor) to print notes from my Newton on my printer? I finally was
> able to get a good connection via Appletalk to my Newton in OS9, but
> haven't had any luck in X. I've gotten Escale to see my Newton, and
> even have gotten my Newton to see a list of files (for downloading a
> package), but have never been able to get past that.

for printers see
<http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB8>
Are you connecting to OS9 Newton Connection Utilities with serial cable
or ethernet? If ethernet then you should be able to connect to NCU in
classic. NCU must be running and appletalk chosen in its preferences.
If you have a Mac with built in serial, it is not seen by Classic, You
need a Keyspan usb/serial adapter with OS 9 drivers installed. some
people have installed both Search list archives for Keyspan.

> Anyhew, in 9, I've got Claris Organizer, but can't for the life of me
> seem to figure out the proper way to sync between my Newt and that. I
> feel kind of like an idiot having to ask, but hey, better ask than not
> know, right?
for information re OSX see
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MacOSXConnection>

See