[NTLK] FS: Backup Newton MessagePad 2100 (2000u) + Accessories & eMate

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 05:10:05 PDT

Hi Listers!

After purchasing 3 Newtons of varying quality and 2 eMates over the
past 4 weeks along with too many accessories to name, I have decided
to at least clean house *somewhat* to make room for a couple of new
gadgets. Feel free to send me a message off-list with regards to this
stuff.

The first item on the block is: An Apple Newton MessagePad 2000
(Upgraded to 2100)

Apple Newton MessagePad 2100 Package

1 x Apple Newton MessagePad 2100/2000u
-Screen is in *LIKE NEW* condition. There isn't a scratch on it, zip,
zero, nada.
-Serial port is still in excellent condition with no signs of wear.
-Screen cover is in place and in perfect condition
-All clips are present and accounted for and none are loose

1 x Original Aluminum Stylus
-Tip is in great condition and it hasn't been touched

1 x Apple Newton MessagePad Battery
-Charged and used only a handful of times
-Holds a *very* good charge

1 x Mac Serial Cable
-Good condition (tested and works)

1 x PC Serial Cable
-Good condition (tested and works)

1 x *Dongle*
-Allows the user to successfully connect to all the MessagePad
accessories (including the aforementioned serial cables). This is
required (unless you install a fancy-schmancy (read: I don't have one
yet! :) ) SER-001 board on your Newt.

1 x 10MB Flash Card
-Will include all the packages you want on it so you are ready to go
at the drop of a hat.

1 x 14.4kbps PCMCIA Card
-Includes dongle and all drivers

1 x Fancy-Schmancy Folding Power Adapter
-Gotta recharge those batteries!

1 x Newton MessagePad External Fax Modem
-9600 Baud Fax/1200 Data Fax
-Includes all documentation
-Includes two new "AA" batteries

1 x Original Upgrade CD
-Has several programs on it

7 x Original Floppy Disks with Newton Connection Utilities (Beta) and
Newton Backup Software
-Both for Windows

1 x "Getting Started With Your MessagePad 2000" Book
-For those of you who like to read the older stuff.

1 x Keyboard
-This keyboard has been giving me problems for the last little while.
While I can *occasionally* type on it, there have been many moments,
if not more that the Newton pretends that it can't see it. Someone
mentioned that it might be a cold solder, or perhaps a broken wire.
Both *should* be a relatively easy fix however it is being included
"as-is" with no warranty expressed or implied and mroe just so you
feel you are getting a complete package.

1 x Leatherette Case for Keyboard
-Holds the keyboard, could also be made to hold other stuff

Total: I'd like to get $100 USD but I'm willing to haggle. If you live
on the continent of North America I can likely cover the shipping
cost. Unfortunately this doesn't include Mexico. If you live in
Europe, Australia, Asia, South America, Central America, we can work
something out. I will of course accept Money Orders and PayPal. If
paying by Money Order, please ensure it is the *international* one and
that it is made out in CAD (we will base the conversion on the rate on
xe.com on date of purchase). PayPal can be in USD.

Next up is the:

Apple Newton eMate 300 Package

1 x Apple Newton eMate 300
-Casing is in good condition with little to no scuffing.
-Screen is in good condition with little to no wear.
-Screen cable has been cut and therefore the screen is not responsive
to stylus and half of the screen is "lined" where not all pixels are
showing (pictures available upon request).

1 x eMate Standard Battery
-Still holds a very good charge (8hrs approximately - not warrantied)

1 x Fancy Schmancy Folding Power Adapter
-Official Newton power supply

NOTE: I can install any software you would like on the Newton prior to
it being shipped. This includes Newton internet Enabler 2.0. While the
screen cannot be tapped, you can still navigate relatively well with
the keyboard. This unit would be perfect for those looking for spare
parts (apart from the cable, everythign is in perfect order) or for
those looking for a hobby project. As everyone knows, instructions for
hinge repair can be found on Frank's wonderful site: www.pda-soft.de

Total: First reasonable offer + shipping

NOTE: Pictures are available upon request of all units and accessories.

Thanks alot guys!