Re: [NTLK] Point of selling eMate cables

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:04:05 PDT

> What's the point in Ferdi's selling emate cables
> when this pen fixes them reliably?

For one, not everybody is able to do this repair even
if the pen DOES fix the problem reliably. Apart from
that, depending on how much the cable is damaged it can
happen that you can't even fix it by soldering (which
allows building fairly long "bridges" which I guess
can't be done with the pen). So far I had only one cable
that I didn't bother to fix (it had 7 punctured traces
and its owner added 4 when trying to fix the cable),
but it does happen.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de