[NTLK] Fundraising with DropCash?

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 07:38:58 PDT

Folks,

Further to the regular discussions about funding ongoing development, I
thought I'd point out the recently launched (although with the now
commonly fashionable Beta moniker) "DropCash" service by Jason Kottke
and Andrew Torrez at:
http://www.dropcash.com/

It uses TypeKey for identity and PayPal for transaction handling.

There is a blog describing the ongoing developments of DropCash at:
http://dropcash.blogspot.com/

One really cool thing, I think, is that DropCash provides a little badge
that you can put on your website(s) or blog(s) that represents a means
to donate as well as show a progress-meter of the donated balance.

I can see those of us who have blogs and websites choosing to display a
DropCash badge to either support an individual's ongoing development
efforts (like the PayPal Donate buttons some of our Newton developers
have), or create a common campaign (say an Einstein campaign, or a
general Newton Development Fund) that many of us display on our
sites/blogs to get more eyeballs.

Thoughts?

Gavin.