[NTLK] To Roger Milne, regarding ModPlayer

From: Hemant Kamat (hemantkamat_at_eth.net)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 11:31:55 PDT

From: Hemant Kamat <hemantkamat_at_eth.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:55:03 +0530
To: <rogermilne_at_shaw.ca>
Subject: ModPlayer

Hi Rojer, Just wanted to drop you a line and say "thank you" for one of the
best appz designed for the Newt! I have always preferred Mods to MP3s,
particularly due to the smaller file sizes, and given the memory limitations
on the message-pad, I get around 400 minutes of playback on a 32MB card, as
opposed to 30 minutes of 7, maybe 8 MP3s.

But please, please add support for more channels; the best Mods available
today are either 16 or 32 channel XM/S3M/IT. Using the ModPlug Tracker, the
format can be converted to a 32 channel Mod without any loss in quality. I'm
not much of a programmer, but I don't think it would be a great deal; I
mean, you just have to increase your processing from 4 loops to 32, correct?
(please don't take offense at my ignorance in programming). I just hope it's
not too late...

Regards,

Hemant Kamat