Re: [NTLK] song format

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 16:08:42 PDT

Well, the smallest song formats are WMA and OGG (AFAIK). The former is
a proprietary format used by Microsoft however it is generally
considered to be very good at what it does. The latter, OGG Vorbis, is
an open source format that is free for peopel to use and likewise is
very good (however I believe WMA has an ever so slight edge over OGG).

As for what formats play on the Newton, I believe (and I could very
well be completely mistaken) only the MP3 format is supported
currently and only at low bitrates.

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:38:32 -0400, Vincent Juliano
<jln646v_at_optonline.net> wrote:
> HI i am fairly new to listinging to music on a computer. I am jut
> wondering what is the smalsest music format avalibe? And how can i
> convert my songs to it. Also is their a player for it for the newton?
> --

Thank you kindly.
-Steele