Re: [NTLK] Regarding ModPlayer

From: Vincent Juliano (jln646v_at_optonline.net)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 07:10:46 PDT

>Also, has anybody noticed this, if you downsample a Mod to 22kHz before
>pkg'ing it, it tends to sound better/smoother and results in a smaller file.
>Speaking of playback, it is worth replacing the Newton's internal speaker
>with a new one? There are better quality speakers available today within the
>same size. Would it improve the sound quality? Would I void my warranty? ;)
>Surprising nobody's ever talked about this.

I cant be much help on the speaker quality but what warranty would u
void. Any warranty on oyur newton has been expired for many years.

>On a lighter note, I ran into a bloke showing off his 10GB iPod at an IT
>exhibition on Saturday. As chance would have it, I ended up getting into an
>argument with him over the iPod. He wouldn't believe that Newton could do
>everything the iPod can, and much more. Should've seen the look on his face
>when I demo'ed the MP2K (it got worse when he saw the 'Apple' logo). 3
>guesses as to who stole the show :) A lot of ppl actually came up and asked
>where they could get one of these babies; sure felt bad telling them the
>truth :(

Tell them ebay.com or j&k. There are tons of newtons on ebay all
the time for under $100. ON http://jksalesinc.com there are many
newtons for sale. They are a little pricey but in good condition