Re: [NTLK] Regarding ModPlayer

From: Hemant Kamat (hemantkamat_at_eth.net)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 22:26:49 PDT

On 9/7/04 10:09 AM, "Roger Milne" <rogermilne_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
 the code could be adapted to more channels, infact a variant that I created
 after porting it to the GBA, supports N channels, where you can pick what
 you want. But, the newt vertion (the first one I made) is limited to 4, as
 I recall. I wrote that something like 6 years ago now, I think! Wow, has
 it been that long already? Anyway, I don't do any more newt work :-( I
 keep waiting eagerly for another PDA which can match what my newt could do
 for me though! I'm glad you enjoy the app :-)

 Regarding more channels - if you are thinking an XM or other such "mod
 variant" is just more channels, it's not quite that simple :-( There are a
 lot of differences from a mod, #channels is only one big one. Changing the
 code to handle more channels won't allow you to play an XM :-( It's so
much
 more complicated, I have not tackled an xm player yet. Maybe one day! But
 all the ol' songs I love, are in mod format so I don't have much
inspiration
 to do an XM one. There are, however, a few files out there that use 6 or 8
 or more channels, that are virtually mod format, and I have seen a few of
 those play on my GBA version of the code.

 Enjoy your music!

 Roger