Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 06:25:56 PDT

Paul Guyot wrote:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 05:59:39 +0200

>I would like to clarify bits about what we're going to do in the next days.
>We are going to publish the slides and whatever we have from the WWNC
>on the website.
I wait like many others here on the list to know more about what was spoken,
discussed and seen at WWNC.

>I would also like to clarify about Einstein...not a Newton emulator...
>a project...
>Finally, I would like to explain why source code of the emulator
>won't be publicly available on this list (I did explain it during the
>conference). The future of the platform may include negociations with
>Apple Computer and a licensing of the NewtonOS. This will not be
>possible if anyone can run NewtonOS on other hardware for free
>without any control on our side. This is why Nicolas and I have
>decided that Einstein, as an emulator or a program that would run on
>other hardware in order to run NewtonOS on them, will be free but
>with an expiration date so we'll keep the control.
Thank you both for your efforts in planning and thinking about the Einstein
Project.
It would be great to have an emulator now (or soon) but as you have
mentioned before the future of Newton is what I see as the goal. Our
hardware may eventually cease to work but the way we work can continue,
develope and mature utilizing current and future hardware.

My best wished and hopes as the Einstein Project continues to evolve. Though
unable to attend thank you both and all those involved for the tremendous
amount of time and effort involved with the preparation of WWNC. By the
response so far it seems to have gone well and I especially like the group
photo that Adam has on his web site of all of you.