Re: [NTLK] An era draws to a close

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 05:32:08 PDT

Hey Jon,
Sorry to hear about your Newton. Here's hoping that it will still turn
up (and in relatively good condition!).

On to the (semi) bad news. You mentioned getting a Clie while here in
the US. While this is by no means an impossible task, the Clie has been
discontinued by Sony (there was a big thread about it a couple months
ago). Depending on when you plan to visit, you could probably still
find it in retail stores (like CompUSA or Best Buy) (As a note of
historical interest: The local American [a
furniture/electronics/utility sort of store], had a Newton for sale for
a year after it was discontinued, but it never went to the discount
area....).

Just thought I'd warn you. I've found the the most comfortable device
to switch to coming from the Newton is the Pocket PC. Even though the
screen is smaller, I like the Today screen, the HWR, and the
multimedia.

Of course, getting a Newton would cost far less then a Clie or a Pocket
PC. =)

-Rick