Re: [NTLK] [OT] Tripods Episode: Was New iMac G5

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 19:29:53 PDT

On Sep 9, 2004, at 8:13 PM, newton_at_the-monkey.net wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

> Regards,
> Morgan

        Well, the first book appeared in 1967--the later series was never run
in the U.S. on any commercial network, probably because the books were
thought of as "young adult" at best. For those that haven't run into
the books or series, it's about what happens after the Martians from
"War of the Worlds" re-invade and conquer the world (instituting a
*really nasty* form of mind control), having either developed better
environmental seals on their landers or broad-spectrum antibiotics--I
can't remember which.

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net