Re: [NTLK] Touching the touch screen cable

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 22:55:42 PDT

Just touching the ribbon even on the contacts should not result in an
immediate failure of the digitizer. I would expect the initial
symptoms to be difficulty in aligning stylus input.
Once you get to the point of disassembly to clean the ribbon, carefully
inspect for tears especially where it passes around the circuit board.
It is quite fragile, I and another folks have seen them severed when
the port cover breaks.
You should also make sure that the small foam pad is in place that
presses the ribbon against the contacts.

Woody