Re: [NTLK] Edit existing Newton Book?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 09:18:09 PDT

Dan Fackler wrote:

> Is there any way to edit an existing Newton Book? I'd like to make all the
> type bold-- old eyes, you know. The NewtonPress user guide appears to
> reference new documents only.
>
> Dan

Not really. The only thing you can do is get HtmlList (it is on the
NewtScape pages, however does not require Newtscape) and export it to
Newtworks. Export it as a RTF file via NCU. Then take that RTF file,
make all the text bold, then Newton Book it with either Press or
Bookmaker. Of course you will have to recreate the table of contents.
You can make all your changes in Newtworks, then using Newtscape create
a Newton Book without having to do exporting to the desktop. But I have
found exporting, Newton Booking and reinstalling to be the faster way as
a whole.

Another posiblity is to just read it in Newtworks after exporting from
the original book file and make it bold there.

A final posiblity is to export it using HtmlList to Newtworks, move it
to the desktop as RTF (using NCU), then make a book out of it using
Paperback, and reinstall to your Newt. You can change fonts or make
them bigger on the fly, however you don't have a bold option. Nor do
you have any way to mark your place. If you reset (reboot) your newt,
you will loose your place.

-Dan