Re: [NTLK] A few thoughts on Einstein.

From: Scot McSweeney-Roberts (newton_at_mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 10:11:18 PDT

smoerk wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:12:59 +0100, Scot McSweeney-Roberts
><newton_at_mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Dunno, at first glance it doesn't look like there's an X server for
>>them, so you're stuck with just a console, but I could be wrong
>>

>I guess there is only a serial console and no display at all. At least
>there is no text-mode in Familiar Linux for the iPAQ.

This article on installing NetBSD on an old Journada (
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/06/05/Big_Scary_Daemons.html ),
seems to indicate that text mode display is available. Looking at the
various supported hardware tables, X is supported on a very limited
number of Mips based machines, but none of the ARM or Hitachi ones.