Re: [NTLK] Vintage, what about space technology

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 13:13:48 PDT

On Sep 14, 2004, at 9:20 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Computer equipment generally has a new generation every 18 months or
> less. Notice that you take a bit longer then that, and so does the
> space shuttle.

Yeah, but the shuttle came out in the seventies, and most current ones
were built in the early eighties, I believe...

It's funny, because I was just telling my wife how I remember watching
the Enterprise fly off the back of a 747! and how it drove around on
the back of a semi. :-). and the Challenger disaster was in 1986 or so!
And so, they really are getting to be vintage! They have certainly
outlived their original expected lifespan! and with no replacement in
sight!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland