[NTLK] FS?: Newton 2100 (upgraded), 32 meg card, etc. etc.

From: Smith Family (smithrus_at_hutchtel.net)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 20:54:14 PDT

Hey list,

I'm afraid the time has quite possibly come for me to say goodbye to my
little green friend. Some school projects I'm working on require a system
running Unix (FreeBSD in my case), and as I'm strapped for cash I'll
probably have to get rid of this, my primary work Newt. It's currently in
fine condition, with only a few minor scratches on the screen. The port
cover and screen cover are flawless (unless you count missing the clips a
flaw ;P). Here's the current list of what I'd include:

-Newton 2000 (upgraded to a 2100)
-32 meg Pretec flash card
-3Com 10BaseT card (the exact model escapes me, but it works fine with the
Newt and has an X-Jack)
-Stylus
-Dongle (I can throw in a grey Apple serial cable if you'd like)
-Leather case, with several inserts for PCMCIA cards (cosmetic note: some of
the leather finish on the bottom of the case has come off. Perhaps a repair
is possible?)

I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but that's all I can think of for now.
I'll entertain *reasonable* offers, or I'm looking to trade for a decent
laptop or tablet PC (As far as the latter goes, a Libretto or Fujitsu
Stylistic would both work well).

Oh, and don't worry. I'll still have plenty of Newts for Einstein if I need
the ROMs ;)

Colin