Re: [NTLK] A few thoughts on Einstein.

From: Alasdair Dunlap-Smith (varistor_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 13:49:12 PDT

On Sep 15, 2004, at 6:44 AM, WL wrote:

> I would love to see a day when an OS can be placed and saved on a CF
> card,
> then I could just insert a particular OS into any hardware setup for
> using
> that card and OS, my 'life' on a CF usable in many different hardware.

The is actually more or less possible with Debian for the Zaurus.
You can install it to a CF card and boot from that, or boot from the OS
on internal flash.
To the best of my (limited) knowledge, the installations share the same
kernel,
and the choice of which distribution filesystem to use is part of the
basic startup scripts.

Cheers