[NTLK] Mail threading

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 23:22:02 PDT

On 16-sep-04, at 1:29, Martin Joseph wrote:
> If you are referring to my previous suggestion of changing the subject
> line? My mail reader (Mail.app) keeps threads together, even when the
> subject changes...

This is because people click on Reply and change the subject, instead
of starting with a 'fresh' email (like I just did for this thread).
Because the headers don't change Mail.app (and a lot of other Mail
clients that have threading built-in) use these headers and keep them
all in one thread.

Of course good list-etiquette calls for a new email for a new thread,
but 'Newton users like it the easy way'... ;-)

Robert Benschop