Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 06:57:41 PDT

On Sep 21, 2004, at 9:49 AM, Xabier Vázquez wrote:

> Is is a "screen keyboard"? I just want to write on screen as "natural
> writing" not typing in a virtual keyboard. Does this software works
> this
> way?
>
> xabi

No, as I said the only handwriting recognition I found was
German<->English, however as Laurent pointed out in his note, you can
write in Spanish on the Newton, and it recognizes it just fine, with
accent characters and all. I just wrote some spanish words on mine, and
it works.

If you get into trouble and need certain characters or accents, then
the keyboard layout I pointed you to will allow you to enter the keys
easier.

- Dave