Re: [NTLK] ATA support and partitioning cards?

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 07:49:32 PDT

On Sep 21, 2004, at 4:06 PM, keith wrote:

> Or would I be better off by not being so ambitious and getting a
> linear flash card in the 30+ MB range instead?
>
> I'll be using this in my upgraded 2000 and in my 2100.

my experience with mp2100 is that if you load applications on any type
of card, the system gets bogged down. if the card is full with data
(pix, music etc), rather than apps, you might be more lucky. however, i
rarely find the need for more than 20 MB (16 card + 4 internal). my
backups are saved on special 4MB cards and the 16MB card can be
"re-installed" easily from a special folder on the mac. i never save
data on any other store than internal.

what will you use your spacious card for? if its mainly for pictures
and music, i think that the newton will cope without partitioning, but
i might be wrong. however, if you plan to use more applications, turn
down your expectations.

warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer