[NTLK] Comments on Newtontalk Digest 541 (Good and Bad)

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 11:01:05 PDT

Hello Everybody,
I thought that Digest #541 produced some unusually interesting topics.

The Good:

David in Lake Orion, congrats on your wonderful find. I'm close by in
Eastpointe. I've dropped you a note about a volunteer project I'm attempting at my
deaf niece's school, and I look forward to your reply. :O)

Ed Kummel's commentary on the aesthetic and practical attractions of the
Newton was articulated quite well. I enjoyed reading this piece, and I quite
agree with all of his comments. Ed, you hit the nail right on the head! :O)

The Bad:

The "Shannan" posting on Newton upgrade cards looks suspicious. Smells like
a certain Canadian Ebay weasel. Regardless of the practicality of PCBman's
serial upgrade card, why would anyone toss or trade in an interconnect cable for
a ten dollar "discount"? We know damn well they're re-auctioning the
interconnect cables on Ebay. Thanks anyway "Shannan", but I know and trust PCBman's
products and I'm happy to give him my endorsement. Now go and spank yourself.

Matt Kowalczyk