Re: [NTLK] Newton Killer - OS X? - Epilog

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 18:13:20 PDT

Bill

True. It does attract some attention. Turning off the sound effects helps.
I'm an investment banker and so I'm in a similar kind of environment. Once
they get over the initial novelty, everyone just gets on with focusing on
the project, so I haven't noticed any long term negatives from colleagues.

Cheers

Tony Kan
Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
FInally, I find that I am somewhat self-conscious about using the
Newton at what it does best, note-taking, in a business meeting.
While I often have my MP 2100 or MP 130 with me during the business
day, I find it disruptive to whip out this retro-technology in a
meeting to take notes. It is sort of a meeting stopper, even more so
than using a laptop to take notes in meetings, which I don't typically
do either. Maybe in more tech-oriented professions it is no big deal,
but in a partner meeting at a large accounting firm it gets noticed.
[snip]