[NTLK] OT: adding MIME content-types in Mail.app

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 19:56:12 PDT

Hi all -

Can anyone out there tell me if there's a way of adding unrecognized
MIME content-types in Apple's Mail app (running OS 10.3.5)? I need to
do this in order to e-mail appropriately-encoded Magic Cap .pkg files
to my DataRover, else it won't recognize the attachments as files. I
am able to edit MIME types using Netscape's built-in mail client, but
prefer not to use it for numerous reasons. Any thoughts? Or if it
absolutely can't be done in Apple Mail, is there another lightweight
and free mail client I could use instead? I have attempted this with
Mozilla Thunderbird (not the latest build though) and so far I do not
find the option there either.

-Dan