Re: [NTLK] Spreading the donation love around

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 07:22:03 PDT

Hemant Kamat wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Diane & Mark, but Roman's offered me his spare film, and has
> refused to allow me to pay for it; in fact, when I insisted upon payment,
> this was the reply I received:
> if you really want to pay, please click the paypal button at either
> of these sites instead:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/donations/
> http://www.unna.org/donations/

I'll also add: while not directly Newton-related, the Mailing List Archive, or
MARC, has been taking blows left and right on their server hardware and
connection. They provide free mail archiving and a searchable index to
thousands of mailing lists (including Newtontalk) and it sucks to see them
take it on the chin. They are in Florida so that should give you an idea of
how the last month or so has been for them.

Information on donating to MARC and what MARC is is located here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?q=about#Begware

Latest news about their server (it's a sad story) at the top of that page.