Re: [NTLK] printing q

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 08:02:03 PDT

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 12:27:00PM +0200, Roman Pixell wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
> > I haven't really followed the LPR printer driver development closely,
> > but maybe that might be of help here?
>
> well, since my printer is a USB printer, it still doesnt have an IP
> address. thats what i hoped to solve with an airport base station,
> since they can hook up USB printers to the network.

but what does the base station DO with the printer? there has to be some
kind of mechanism that the basestation needs to use to alert the network
that there's a printer there.

--
75. I will instruct my Legions of Terror to attack the hero en masse, instead
    of standing around waiting while members break off and attack one or two