Re: [NTLK] A 120 in a 130?

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 11:39:19 PDT

On 27/09/04 14:35, "Owen Collins" <collinso_at_wlu.edu> wrote:

> No there is no backlight. It lists the Rom as Version 2.0(516263)-1 RAm
> installed 512k
>
> O.

> On 27-sep-04, at 20:08, Owen Collins wrote:
>> I have recently purchased my first Newton,a MP130, on ebay. I was
>> running NewtTest on it and it says that is a Mp120 that needed a
> system
>> patch. I did run the patch. But does this mean that I have the
>> functionality and processing power of a 120 even though it says 130 on
>> the case?
>
> This might be the case. If you tap on Extras and tap on the little 'i'
> bottom left and choose Memory Info what do you get?
> If you hold the power switch while turning it on is there a backlight
> that comes on?
>

> Robert Benschop

I think you were sold a 120 for a 130. I think that a 130 has more memory
than 512KB. Not sure about the ROM version, though.

That really doesn't look good for the eBay seller. I still think you should
contact him and let him know. A 120 has a lot less value than a 130...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA