Re: [NTLK] should I deal with Ferdi?

From: Charles Kuttner (ckuttner_at_jhu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 19:30:58 PDT

Let me tell you the latest in this soap opera....I feel I can write
openly with the knowledge he may not be reading these posts at this
point.

Ferdi did indeed email me in response to my recent post. He explained
why he feels wronged, and that he does stand by his product. And he
graciously offered to let me back out of the deal.

On eBay, he has >600 feedbacks with a positive score of 97.6%.

On this list, I have seen lots of general stuff, like he doesn't
contribute, etc., but really haven't read, unless I've missed them,
posts like "I paid for a board and it never worked and he'd wouldn't
make it right." Did I indeed miss something? I'm not so sure he's bad
news. But I hate to trust my Newt to someone who is. Not to mention my
money.

FedEx returned my package--the gal at Kinko's was wrong when she said I
didn't need to complete a customs form to send to Canada, and I am
faced with the dilemma:

Where should I send the 2100 to get the Serial Board doohickey? Who are
known to be reliable people in this regard, whether on NTLK or not?

thanks in advance,

chas

Charles Kuttner, MD
Portland, OR
http://cmug.com/~ckuttner/

----
     The only thing more frightening than a doctor without a sense of
humor
      is a house cat (felinus domesticus) with an electric can opener
----
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it just means you've
decided to see beyond the imperfections.