Re: [NTLK] a question about batteries - thank you!

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 06:59:04 PDT

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:28:34 +0200, Roman Pixell <roman_at_pixell.net> wrote:
> is there anyone who remembers how to rebuild a newt battery tray in an
> MP2k in order to charge regular cells with the newton and a newton
> adapter?

I don't think so, out of all the web pages I've found including
Frank's they all deal with NiMH rechargeables not regular cells.

> i remember there was a page with instruction, but not where...
> also i remember there could be heat issues with some cells, which could
> melt/deform the plastic case of the newt (potentially)

This issue with heat is one that Frank also clarified for me when I
spoke to him about the Reachargeable Pack I was disassembling and
preparing to recell.
In the rechargeable packs along the curved end between cell 2 (+) and
3 (-) there is a PolyCell which is a temperature protection that Frank
kindly reminded me about that needs to install to prevent a
possiblity of meltdown... others on the list have done a battery tray
with this such as Daniel Padilla. Other than these two guys there is
Simon Muller (I think that's his full name) - if you look for a
previous Frank post he was pinging him as his webstite is gone and can
only be viewed through the way back machine... (I maybe mistaken as
this link is open on my home computer and there is a German Page and a
English translation also)

If you want I can hopefully find the links when I get home tonight...
HTH

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung