Re: [NTLK] printing q

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 11:25:17 PDT

On Sep 28, 2004, at 12:51 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On 28-sep-04, at 8:50, Simon Stapleton wrote:
>> Under OSX, the 'postscript' printer is generally provided by the
>> printer driver, not the printer driver.
>
> I have the feeling that one merits a correction...

I think he means the driver can handle the postscript rasterization
rather then the printer doing it. This is how you can print postscript
to non postscript printers under OSX (and linux).

Of course if you have a postscript printer, the postscript is still
passed along (hopefully).

My notepad drawings print fine here to my postscript printer, Although
I use the original LPR driver from Eckharts site, since the improved
Paul G version doesn't seem to like my Laserjet 4MV.

Marty