Re: [NTLK] Quicksilver (Newt like OS X integration)

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 19:53:02 PDT

I can vouch for Quicksilvers coolness - if you're after a free
alternative to Launchbar or a better Butler then Quicksilver is for
you.

At its most basic level it scans your disk and allows you to carry out
most operations via keyboard hotkeys - minimising the mousing around.

Build in a little more smarts and soon I imagine QS will allow you to
string together Newton Assistant type requests (eg typing 'schedule
meeting with john at 3.30 on Friday' will make QS make the appropriate
associations between iCal, AddressBook and Mail and query any
ambiguities). Very cool potential.

On a similar note has anyone tried TiddlyWiki
(http://www.tiddlywiki.com/) - very Newton-esque (again its more about
potential than current features) ?

Raj.