Re: [NTLK] Pkg install via OS X webserver - default listing?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 21:09:38 PDT

On Tuesday, September 28, 2004, at 02:17 AM, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:

> Try this: create a file called .htaccess (yes, starting with a dot) in
> your 'home' web directory, and put the following line in it:
>
> Options +Indexes
>
> This will turn on index autogeneration, if your server config allows
> you
> to set options (I'm pretty sure apache does by default.)

Thanks, Rhonda. I tried this, but it still didn't work. So then, not
wanting to bother people unnecessarily, I read some documentation and
figured out that I had to change the Apache configuration file to allow
.htaccess files to override Options. So I did that. Given that I had
never heard of any of these things before today, and that I don't know
how to do anything in Terminal, it was all pretty ugly how I did it.
But in the end, I'm sure that I put the correct "directive" into the
correct file, observing correct syntax, etc. I've triple-checked
everything, but it still doesn't work -- still getting '403 -
Forbidden'.

Any ideas?

Michael