Re: [NTLK] einstein -> antelope?

From: karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 02:48:03 PDT

Raj Patel wrote:

> I saw that a couple of months ago and thought it was pretty funky.
>
> Oqo is pretty cool too (http://www.oqo.com/) - more a cut down tablet
> than a PIM/PDA
>
> Its a shame Pogo never took off as it had a nice formfactor
> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1773120.stm)
>
> I believe there are a few projects around to allow similar
> functionality to Suns Smartcard - plug in, authenticate at a
> Javastation and get all your 'stuff' using USB-keys.
>
> Not as cool as having a PDA on hand but carrying your computing
> environment around in a ready-to-go state is still pretty neat.

I just /love/ bursting Sun bubbles: burn a Morphix Linux distro on a
bootable business card CD-ROM, put your data on an el cheapo USB stick
and you can compute wherever you find a reasonably modern pc, without
any need to modify that pc. Heck, it won't even know you were there.

The possibility has been in Linux for so long, it hardly gets
mentioned anymore.

Karel Jansens