Re: [NTLK] a question about batteries

From: Scott Lewis (lists_at_garbitch.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 07:26:38 PDT

Rayovac's IC-3 are most certainly not rechargeable alkalines. I assume
they are some spinoff of NiMH. Their 1 hour charger was NiMH based,
this is their next model, and charges in 15 minutes. The charger
charges regular NiMH and NiCADs (slowly), plus these special batteries
in 15 minutes flat. Having used rechargeable Alkaline's in the past
(Rayovac used to sell lots of those), I can tell you these are
definetly not that technology. Those were slow to charge, and had a
weak battery life.

As far as why I don't use my power adapter? I have batteries that last
me an entire work week. I bought 8 just for this purpose (I have many
others for other tasks). That means I always have 4 ready to go. And
even if it didn't, it takes 15 minutes to charge. It takes me 16
minutes to find the power adapter.