Re: [NTLK] WTB: baseball cap!?!?

From: keith (keith_at_vortex.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 04:53:31 PDT

Someone asked:

>Do I get this right, you offer single sample
>items such as the ones in your links, for free?!
>l *wow* Please confirm! :)

The answer was:

>*confirmed,as long as you're a fan with great passion in Newton:-)
>*I designed the cap samples just for fun,not for
>sale or doing some businesses.
> the motivation is very simple,I love Newton,that's why I did it!
>
>Wilber

Okay, I *love* the look of the cap in the first link that Wilber supplied.
(This one:
<http://www.macfans.com.cn:16080/beta_site/bbs/readboardthread.php?forumcode=19&postid=3435&all_threadpage=2&pageid=6his is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
although it isn't working for me at the moment.)

Wilber has explained why he's happy to do this -
he's a big Newton fan just like the rest of us.
But as Indy observed, t can be pretty expensive,
relatively speaking, to have something shipped
internationally using the methods the
manufacturing company dictates.
Wilber sent me some details separately, and
according to UPS it would cost just under £50 (50
pounds sterling) to ship a single package of that
type and general weight from China to the UK.

Now, if a few people felt like joining in on
this, AND if Wilber is happy to ship a few caps
in one box, then the total per-person cost would
be proportionately less. (The UPS calculator gave
the same price for a 0.3kg parcel as it did for a
1kg parcel, and a 2kg parcel goes up by about
another £15.)

Just a thought...

Wilber's caps look *excellent. But on a
non-embriodered note, if ordinary printing is
acceptable, I've expanded the items on the
CafePress 'shop' to include t-shirts (one's a
'backlight' green colour), a mug, and a frisbee
(okay, 'flying disk') as well as two caps. All
sales there produce a $1 profit per item, and all
that will be passed over to the Newtontalk list
donation tin.
<http://www.cafepress.com/newtonwear/>