Re: [NTLK] Pkg install via OS X webserver - default listing?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 20:29:26 PDT

On Thursday, September 30, 2004, at 12:58 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Of course! Use the Sites folder in your home directory and put your
> pkg's there...
>
> You can also drag and drop the file listing of the packages (from the
> finder) into a Mozilla or Firefox these days (Mozilla.org) window to
> create an index page for your downloads...

Thanks, Martin. I knew about the Sites folder, but my problem is that
I can't get it to auto-generate file listings. I didn't know about
that drag-and-drop trick, though, so maybe I'll try that. But still
not as convenient for my purposes as the auto-listing function, because
I'd still have to generate a new index file every time I added files to
the directory.

> Being an unrepentant macintosh man, I prefer to find a GUI based way
> to do things, although I know my way around the terminal also.
>
> I run Webmin on my G3/400 Panther machine, which is my backup server
> here. Webmin is not that simple to grasp, but basically it's a web
> browser based utility to configure and administer many common programs
> on a server (ie Sendmail,postfix, Apache,UW Imap etc...). It is
> popular on Linux systems also.
[snip]

Thanks for that tip too. I'll check out Webmin.

Michael