Re: [NTLK] Stowaway keyboards for Newtons and questions

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 07:32:05 PDT

>Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:33:42 +0200
>From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>

>At 15:12 31.07.2005, you wrote:
> >1) I have seen a hack to get a Stowaway keyboard for Palms to work
>>with a Newton. Is this possible with the genuine Palm keyboard for a
> >Palm III/V/VII?

>Yes:
>http://www.splorp.com/newton/stowaway/
>If there were only German drivers for it I would
>try that myself (or ask somenone who can solder).

Argh, do you have to remember me? I have the whole lot around,
adaptor, keyboard... but no German driver so no worky correctly,
apart from being unstable. Sadly, I lack the skills to adapt the
driver to a German layout myself, although that should not be too
hard. Man, I'd pay for a more stable driver with a German layout
implementation. It is amazing how fast you can type in this setup, it
just doesn't work very well.

*frustration*

Oliver

--
"We used to be afraid of comets. The dinosaurs should have been
afraid of comets. Now it is the comet's turn to be afraid,"