Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth and N-Gage

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 10:01:36 PDT

On Aug 3, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Sean McGroty wrote:

> I am attempting to use my N-Gage QD as a Bluetooth modem, and have
> been unsuccessful.
> I have tried *99#, *99***#1, and
> CGDREQ=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com" in the modem script. After
> the first line is sent, the attempt fails. In all cases, the Newton
> returns a (seemingly) random error code. Also, the phone may or may
> not crash. BtOBEX works fine. In the past, I have successfully used a
> T610, so this appears to be something unique to Symbian 60 phones.
> Has anyone successfully used such a phone, and what does the list
> suggest I try next?

Does the ngage connect on it's own to the net? You shouldn't need the
second line at all. If the phone itself (or whatever you call it),
connects via GPRS, then you should just be able to issue the *99...
(Don't have my Newton here to check exactly).

Also, the interenet2.voicestream.net presumes you are paying t-mobile
per month for unlimited internet access??

This should work as it's a Nokia product and the developer of Blunt is
a Nokia man.

Marty