Re: [NTLK] Linksys WPC11 v3 wireless card

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 14:41:34 PDT

Le 5 ao=FBt 05 =E0 01:29, Timothy Larkin a =E9crit :

> I am trying to get the Lynksys WPC11 v3 card to work on my Newton =20
> 2100. According to <http://www.kallisys.com/newton/morewifi/en> you =20=

> have confirmed that it works. So far I have AppleTalk working, but =20
> I have had no luck with TCP/IP. Is there any problem that you know =20
> of using this card with TCP/IP? I can't even get so far as to =20
> determine if I have a software or a hardware problem.
>
> Much obliged for any help you can provide.

Hello Tim,

There is no known problem. It just works here indeed. It's my =20
favorite wifi card.
I vaguely saw a description of your problem on NTLK.
AppleTalk is the minimum service. To get TCP/IP, you need more =20
packages and more settings.

The additional packages are:
Newton Internet Enabler
NIE Ethernet Module

The additional settings are:
An Internet setup (DHCP/Manual, & such).
Application-specific settings.

It seems that you have the required packages but that NIE doesn't use =20=

the right card when you start a connection. It's not a TCP/IP =20
configuration problem, but I would say it's a configuration problem =20
nevertheless.

I suggest that you:
- check that you have latest system update. There was a PCMCIA-=20
related problem in early releases of 2.1. 717260 or 710031 should be =20
fine.
- check your Internet setup, and especially that it mentions the =20
right card. The list of card is huge, and there are several cards =20
model names starting with Linksys. Make sure you picked the right one.

In particular, in the Internet Setup overview, you should read:
<config name> Internal
Linksys Instant Wireless WPC11 v2.5+

And not:
Linksys Instant Wireless WPC11 v1 (bis)
or
Linksys WPC11

Regards,

Paul
--=20
Ministre ultrapl=E9nipotentiaire en disponibilit=E9.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.
http://www.kallisys.com/
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~guyot/