Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #389

From: Dennis Deeds (deeds_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 09:08:29 PDT

So, let me see if I got this right. If I live in California, I'm limited
to only buying six of the ibooks? ;oP

On another note, I haven't seen mention of the new Palm LifeDrive as a
suitable sub for the beloved Newton. I've had a LifeDrive for a week and
love it. WiFi works well with my Airport setup for web surfing & email; 4
gig hard drive stores movies, music and photos; syncs easily with my G5
running 10.4; has built-in Bluetooth that I haven't used, yet; works nicely
with folding IR keyboard; color screen; transfer & edit MS Office docs
including Powerpoint between Mac & Palm; works as a 4gig external HD for the
Mac; Graffiti allows hand written & drawn notes; and more. Granted, the
screen is not nearly as nice (large) an my Newt 2100, but I feel it's a fair
trade-off for the positives that this Palm brings to the arena.

Comments, Questions, Anyone?
Dennis
Palm Springs

Matt K. Wrote:

Subject: [NTLK] $50 iBooks - Read the postings more carefully, you
dumbarses!

There's no need for the repetetive postings about the $50 iBooks in
Virginia. It has been VERY CLEARLY STATED that Henrico County Schools are
now going to restrict the sale to ONLY RESIDENTS OF HENRICO COUNTY! It was
also stated quite clearly that the sale would restrict buyers to ONE laptop
apiece.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA