Re: [NTLK] 2100 startup issues

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 02:20:47 PDT

I would recommend you to proceed step by step and in a logical way:
after having performed the so called brain wipe, the Newt shall have no
problems anymore starting up again, being in virgin condition.
If that is ok, you can proceed with inserting the PCMCIA cards.
If memory cards, I would also recommend to re-format them again.

It happened to me once that I got an MP2100 with a patch installed that was
not compatible with the ROM software (i.e. a US patch for a german ROM
version).
The only way to get rid of this patch is to remove the ROM board, exchange
it with a different one (different language or from an Emate) and power up
the Newt once. Then to replace the ROM board with the original one. This
will cause the Newt to wipe EVERY patch out of its memory.
From that on the problem on my Newt was solved.

Good luck!
Johannes