Re: [NTLK] Can anyone actually solve this?

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 07:45:24 PDT

Howdy,

I sympathize with your problems because they mirror my own on my
router at home. At work, though, I have absolutely no problems at
all. I connect, boom, send, bam, and I sign off. It's seamless.

Therefore, I've guessed that the issue is the DHCP on my home router
(some sort of Netgear, though I don't know if it's the same as
yours). The problem is not in the Newton.

The only solution I've thought of is buying a new wireless router
with ethernet ports on the back. And my actual behavior is that I
don't send the Newton emails from home (or use a modem if I really
need to) but save them until I'm at work the next day.

I know that doesn't help much, but hopefully it helps some.

Michael