Re: [NTLK] loaner flash card?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 00:14:20 PDT

On Aug 12, 2005, at 6:43 PM, Nicholas Burlett wrote:

> I finally got the loaner flash card (thanks Paul!), but it doesn't
> have the Internet Setup utility on it! I don't have a Mac OS 9
> computer, so I can't install over IrDA.
>
> Is it possible to do an install over appletalk (using my WiFi card)?
Yes it's quite possible if you have a mac that can run NCU, which it
sounds like you might. You need to have a working "classic"
environment though...

Actually on second thought, you might not need that at all. If you
have an OSX mac you can also try using escale which can install
packages over TCP/IP or Appletalk.

Of course it also need to be connected to some wireless router or have
a wifi card in it...

I think the NCU approach might be more successful for some reason, but
you could try connecting with escale first?

Marty