Re: [NTLK] Backlights question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 23:44:16 PDT

On Aug 13, 2005, at 6:51 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> Hi Marty,
>
> Yes we are speak of the Green ones...
>
> Calvin did tell us they were not as bright as the original ones.
> The new backlights are a Pale Green compared to the Newt Green of the
> origi=
> nals.
No, actually he said they would be brighter.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=110840819116455&w=2

> This last one I was testing to install for a list member seemed dim to
> me when I set it up. It's been awhile since I tested mine when they
> arrived and I wasn't sure if it was my personal opinion or was it the
> old back light was just bright.
>
> I reconnected the old one and compared the two side by side and indeed
> it was much brighter than the new one.
That sucks.

> I'm hoping to find enough time next week to pull my own back light
> from storage to do a side by side - and if need be I'll pull my second
> one out also and set it up also so I have at least two for reference
> when comparing....
That sounds good.

> By the Marty, if you were in a rush I would dare say that IF I were
> asked to do one fast I could do one within 5-10-15 minutes... range,
> though I would not suggest it as some corners would be cut and that
> would be at the risk of the quality or workmanship....

I wouldn't try it in less then an hour myself... Then again, I haven't
done one yet either...

Still I prefer to take my time as I HATE screwing stuff up...

Marty