Re: [NTLK] Mac driver needed for APC USB to Serial Adapter

From: Dan K (dankephoto_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 21:05:50 PDT

Now mind you this is under OSX (not classic Mac OS), but I've had good
luck prying open a couple of generic (not-Mac-supported) USB-serial
adapters, noting the USB bridge chip ID inside, then searching the net
for compatible drivers. The bridge chip is the critical item of course.
Some chip makers supply their own drivers, that's where I found one. The
other I found by looking for supported adapters that used the same chip.
Really, it was all a matter of googling til I found appropriate matches.

Keep in mind there are dozens of different USB bridge chips out there, so
it may take some persistance to find what you seek (if it's out there at
all.) If you haven't the patience, then source hardware for which there
is a driver.

hth,

dan k