Re: [NTLK] Reviews of Newton software

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 05:40:13 PDT

On Aug 14, 2005, at 11:25 PM, bill bennett wrote:

> One by one many of the old Newton software review
> sites that were available online are being switched
> off. Is there anywhere relativly independent were I
> can still find more information about the following
> software packages:

This site obviously hasn't been updated since the Newton died (or=20
before, actually) but I believe it still contains reviews of all three=20=

products. The problem is that I think that it reviews earlier versions=20=

than the latest:
<http://www.panix.com/~clay/newton/>

However, since AN can be had for "free" and you can download and run=20
demos of the other two, why not just install them and play with them to=20=

see which you like more? Besides, it's more fun that way. ;-)=20
Especially because I just checked, and Newton Reference doesn't even=20
mention DateMan, and has only the slightest mention of the other two.=20
:-( I thought there were fuller review pages, but I guess I was wrong.=20=

I haven't been to this site for years!!!
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"If your pictures aren=92t good enough, you=92re not close enough." - =20=

Photojournalist Robert Capa