Re: [NTLK] UNNA needs hosting.

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 13:14:19 PDT

wow...sorry to hear about this...
I would offer in a heartbeat, but I know nothing about
linux (and don't wish to learn...remember? I'm a
Windows guy). Even though I have a home connection,
it's got an open 100mbps fiber connection...nothing
between me and the big wide internet...
I'ld gladly co-locate a configured server if someone
else administers it.
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> At the end of September I will be forced to take
> down my server which is
> currently hosting:
>
> www.unna.org
> tools.unna.org
> mirrors.unna.org
>
> I have been getting free colocation from a business
> venture of one of my
> co-workers, but sadly this venture is going away.
>
> It would be really great if someone out there could
> provide hosting with
> approx. 3GB of space, PHP/MySQL, and virtual host
> setup, preferable on a Linux
> or BSD server. RSync server support would be nice
> too but not necessary. The
> site doesn't use a huge amount itself, unless some
> neanderthal decides to
> mirror the whole friggin' thing.
>
> Serious inquiries only, please, ie. you run a web
> hosting business and can
> support this for an extended period of time, not "I
> have a Linux box on my
> home DSL connection."
>

> --
> Victor Rehorst - victor_at_newtontalk.net -
> chuma_at_chuma.org

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial