Re: [NTLK] Reviews of Newton software

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 14:52:47 PDT

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Reviews of Newton software
From: "Robert Serna " <japecan () newted ! dyndns ! org>
Date: 2005-08-15 20:25:00

> On Sunday, August 14, 2005 at 21:27 bill bennett wrote:
>
>> Is there anywhere relativly independent were I
>> can still find more information about the following
>> software packages:
>>
>> More Info, Action Names, Date Man.
>
> or you could look through this
> < http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=108808284501501&w=2ntalk>

...and maybe check the Wiki (you might stumble across stuff like
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/DoingAcademicResearch ),
and if
you find any good reviews somewhere else (esp. buried deep in NTLK), put
them up at the Wiki yourself! There *are* review sections
(http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SoftwareReviews), and the
HowTo section is always happy to receive contributions on how to setup
apps
and squeeze the most out of them. I, for one, would very much
appreciate to
profit from your (and others!) investigations in this area. E.g. these
sections...

* ButtonBarEnhancements
* ExtrasEnhancements
* DatesEnhancements
* InOutBoxEnhancements
* NamesEnhancements
* NotesEnhancements
* WorksEnhancements

...could use some work. There are so many hacks and apps to improve
these
built-in features that you don't really know which ones are hot and
which
are not! Maybe this could be improved with some of NTLK's combined
wisdom...
So, what is everybody using, and what's the benefit over another
solution?
Share your experience, put it up on the Wiki and help make Newtonia a
better
place (fade in chirpy birdsong and a rainbow in the backgroud...
yuck... ;=}
).

DJV.