Re: [NTLK] Silly "Newton" sighting

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 08:24:01 PDT

Quoting ccsccs7 <ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com>:

> What kind of work are you in, Michael, to be reading such reports?

Well, I'm a *cough cough* *sputter*, erm, lawyer. What the Yanks quaintly call
an "attorney". I don't do criminal law, but I like to read the weekly law reports just
to keep up a passing familiarity with different areas.

> Wait, is the person's first name "Apple"? That kinda sounds bizarre

Yup, first name "Apple", last name "Newton-Smith". So I guess if they or their parent
hadn't married someone named Smith, they might have been "Apple Newton". (I looked this
person up in the bar directory, and they're for real.)

Michael