Re: [NTLK] replacement backlight power

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 19:59:50 PDT

Alex,

My suggestion is that if the replacement backlight is an OEM Apple
(Used or New if there are such animals still) is to plug it directly
to your Newton after removing the back cover of your MP2x00 - this is
a simple procedure...

If it is one of the new replacements with out the wires soldered on
then your in need of some technical advice regarding voltage which
I'm not aware of.... I think it might have been discussed on a variant
thread but I don't recall where or when....

On 8/17/05, Alex Nonnemacher <nonjo_at_comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I recently bought a replacement backlight for a 2100 from a list =20
> member, and with all of the talk about replacements being dimmer than =20
> the originals, I was thinking that I might like to see the =20
> replacement powered up before having it transplanted into my Newt =20
> (the backlight in the Newt isn't too bad, although I lack anything to =20
> compare it to other than photos). So is there a simple device I could =20
> buy, say at a Radio Shack, that I could use to pass current to the =20
> screen?
>=20
> Alex
> --=20